Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sometimes I feel like throwing my hands up in the air...


It's easy to get stuck in a rut, to feel overwhelmed, undervalued and like it's all just too hard sometimes.
But then something happens to alter your course, lift your mood and pull you out of the doldrums.
I've had a few of these moments over the past week. Moments that have made me smile or, in one case, laugh until I cried. Things that make me forget all my worries and reassure me that everything is going to be ok. I thought I'd share some of these with you:
  • Finding out a friend is having a much longed for baby;
  • Sharing a yummy dinner and lots of laughs with a good friend;
  • Being unexpectedly invited to a party;
  • Playing my favourite song to psych myself up before a difficult event...and then hearing that song in the car when it was all over;
  • Seeing our city's beautiful harbour from the train on my way home;
  • Getting the giggles in Pilates and becoming so hysterical that I needed to leave the room to compose myself;
  • 'Dancing it out' in my bedroom;
  • Having a good cry fest during a favourite TV show;
  • Making new friends in a PT session;
  • Getting a phone call from Trav on Valentine's Day;
  • A friend saying 'I love you';
  • Seeing really cute kittens in a pet shop (and I'm not even a cat person - despite the name!);
  • Discovering a new blog that I love;
  • Researching our honeymoon!;
  • Choosing the perfect card for someone;
  • Reading nice comments on my blog (hint!).

Even writing about these things has made me relive these moments and I'm writing this with a smile on my face. I hope you've had some nice moments this week and wish you 1000 more for next week.

Cat x




1 comment:

  1. Oh what a beautiful list, I think it's great to remind ourselves of simple happy things. The pilates one is so funny, the more you try to stop the worse it gets.

    Have a fab weekend,
    xoxo DJ

    ReplyDelete

Why hello there! Thank you for your comments :) x