My friend and I wandered down to the NSW Art Gallery yesterday where we saw the Rupert Bunny exhibition. Having never actually heard of him (I’m ashamed to show my ignorance), I was going along more with a curiousity than an interest. I’m glad I did as, not only was it a lovely diversion from my currently boring work, but because I discovered images that I was genuinely drawn to and inspired by.My favourite painting was Dolce Farniente (above) , one of many paintings where he featured his beautiful wife. Red roses and swans were recurrent images throughout his art as well and I was inspired by the beauty of the images and of that era in time. This mood board makes me think of lazy summer days, walking in the park and drinking tea with my girlfriends. I love the crocheted necklace, lace top and swan brooch album and I think the silver spoon bracelets are so unique and beautiful. I’ve been looking for a silver bracelet for years and I think I’ve finally found the perfect one. Note that all of these beautiful products are all available on etsy.com.
Image credits and links: 1. red rose image from Bill Perry http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/images/view_photog.php?photogid=182. Vintage Shimmer Lace Collar by JessJamesJake on etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=38057978&ref=sr_gallery_2&&ga_search_query=winter+wedding&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_page=3&includes%5b%5d=tags&includes%5b%5d=title
3. Robert Gordon ‘Liberty’ 3 piece tea cup set, available to purchase at lastminute.com.au http://gifts.lastminute.com.au/product/1362-robert-gordon-liberty-3-piece-cup-saucer-and-side/
4. Parisian Summer Vanille Cotton Lace Top by FrenchSugarCouture on etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40216981&ref=sr_gallery_21&&ga_search_query=vintage+camisole&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=1&includes%5b%5d=tags&includes%5b%5d=title
5. Gliding With Gwyneth Large Swan Photo Album by KandiceInWonderland on etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=26374339&ref=sr_gallery_4&&ga_search_query=white+swan&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=7&includes%5b%5d=tags&includes%5b%5d=title
6. Paul Revere Engraved Spoon Bracelet Vintage Silverplate by Village Boutique on etsy.com http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=40482419&ref=sr_gallery_3&&ga_search_query=spoon+bracelet&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title
If you’ve got a spare lunchtime or even better a day off, I suggest you check out this exhibition at the NSW Art Gallery. While you’re there, be sure to check out the two external installations at the front of the gallery. They’re very clever and absolutely free! I should also mention that my friend and I actually got half price tickets through the Viva Sydney deal. Check this site out for details http://www.sydney.com/Viva_Sydney_p4020.aspx. It’s a free card that you can print from the website and will entitle you to special deals on all sorts of things around Sydney. Definitely a worthwhile and valuable resource to have.


Now I, too, can explore some new art works, albeit on the internet! Thanks for directing me to your lovely blog and an introduction to Rupert Bunny!
ReplyDeleteKandice
KandicInWonderland.etsy.com
Florida, USA