I recently read an article in Marie Claire magazine where people were given a challenge to do something every day for a month. The challenges ranged from wearing red lipstick every day to doing 10 push ups a day. It got me thinking about whether I could commit to doing something out of my usual routine every day for a whole month. I'm very much a 'phase' person, meaning I enthusiastically jump into something for a few days or even weeks but then inevitably I lose interest and look for my next amusement. Health kicks, beauty routines, attempts at avoiding swearing or whingeing have all made their way in and out of my routine at some point.
I'm also very easily dissuaded, meaning I can think of a million excuses NOT to do something. If you want to feel better about not going to the gym or breaking your diet or just generally avoiding something, I'm the girl to come to. I will make you feel fabulous about doing absolutely nothing.
So thinking all this through made me realise that maybe, just maybe, it would actually be a good challenge to take up. I wouldn't want to do something awful or unrealistic but I thought I should choose something that I enjoy doing but don't do as often as I like. Wearing red lipstick did come to mind but it's not that realistic for me as I drink a lot of water during the day which would either a) ruin my lipstick and I'd have to keep reapplyin, which I don't have time for or b) result in me not drinking water and possibly suffering from dehydration for the whole month. I thought about it some more and have come up with this...
The challenge I have set for myself is to take a photo a day. This might sound easy but I think it will still be challenging for me to find something interesting to take a photo of every day. I love taking photos but I don't see my day to day life as something that warrants or inspires photo evidence. However, my attitude is changing and I'm hoping it might give me a new perspective on some of the sights I take for granted every day. Starting from tomorrow and going until 30 June, I will keep my little camera on me and aim for at least one interesting photo a day.
I hope you'll join me on my little adventure. I'd also love to hear if you've done something similar or if you have ideas for future challenges.
Love,
Cat x



No comments:
Post a Comment
Why hello there! Thank you for your comments :) x